Senior Internal Auditor – SOX!!
Oil and Gas Services Company – Growth Opportunity!!!
The Senior Internal Auditor will be responsible for keeping apprised of company activity, identifying areas of risk and executing the audit plan for these entities as well as assisting with other audits. The Internal Audit Department is responsible for financial, operational, contract and compliance audits, as well as consulting services, in accordance with our risk-based audit plan. One of internal audit’s primary responsibilities is assisting management with its evaluation of controls over financial reporting (SOX).
Some areas of responsibility include:
• Execute audits based upon the audit plan, including testing of the effectiveness of financial controls for SOX
• Identify areas of risk that should be communicated to the Director and to company management by keeping apprised of company activities
• Collect and analyze data electronically utilizing accounting systems and other software• Develop audit programs and test plans utilizing a risk assessment, financial assertion or other audit objectives
• Perform audit procedures through inspection, inquiry, observation, reperformance and analytics
• Exercise independent judgment and utilize sound workpaper techniques
• Document processes, procedures and testing performed; draft memos and audit reports
• Identify potential issues and recommendations; meet with the client for confirmation and remediation
• Develop and maintain productive client and staff relationships through individual contacts and participation in meetings
Personal qualifications and attributes necessary for successful performance in this role include:
• Experience with auditing financial statements and SOX controls preferred
• Knowledge of fuel distribution/transportation or similar preferred
• Data analysis with software such as MS Access, SQL, ACL or IDEA preferred
• Bachelor’s degree; major in accounting or other appropriate academic major
• At least 3 years of experience as an internal auditor or financial auditor, more preferred
• Professional certification such as CPA or CIA preferred
• Understanding of information technology systems, processes and controls preferred
• Skill in collecting, analyzing and summarizing complex information, drawing logical conclusions and solving problems
• Perform audits in accordance with the Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Audit as set forth by the IIA or equivalent standards used by the department
• Ability to work with discretion
• Ability to travel 15% to 25% – to corporate office.